- 4 cups of coconut milk (or substitute almond milk)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of coconut nectar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder (or extract)
- Diced or sliced fruit of choice (e.g., berries, apple, pear)
- Soak the quinoa in lukewarm water for 20 minutes; rinse and drain.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, stir and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently throughout the given time. About 20-25 minutes into simmering, the quinoa will begin to swell and absorb the milk, creating a thick porridge texture.
- When the quinoa has thickened and turned transparent, serve with your favorite fruit.