- 1 tbsp Dried Porcini Mushrooms *(feel free to use a mix: Cremini, Portobello, Shiitake)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Finely chopped
- 225 grams (15 tbsp) Chestnut Mushrooms Sliced
- 350 grams (1.5 cups) Organic Arborio Rice
- 150 ml Dry white wine
- 2 pints Hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 25 grams (1.5 tbsp) Butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Parmesan Grated, to serve
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes.*
- Once soaked, drain the mushrooms well.
- Gently heat the oil in a large pan, and add the onion and garlic.
- Fry for 3 minutes or until the onions are softened.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes, until browned.
- Once browned, stir in the rice.
- Add the wine on a gentle heat, constantly stirring until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Allow the mixture to simmer, and slowly ladle in some of the hot stock while stirring until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump.
- Chop the porcini mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms along with the parsley, butter, salt and pepper to the risotto mixture. Shave some parmesan over the top and serve.
* If using fresh mushrooms, in Step 1, chop and saute in olive oil until nicely browned, remove from heat and set aside. Add the mushrooms in Step 10, once the liquid has been absorbed from the risotto.