Cauliflower Steaks with Cumin, Ginger & Turmeric
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove leaves and trim the stem end of the cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Using a large knife, cut the cauliflower from top to base into three 3/4-inch-thick "steaks."
- Season each steak with salt and pepper on both sides. (Reserve any loose florets for another use.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the cauliflower steaks until golden brown--about 2 minutes on each side.
- Gently transfer the steaks to a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ginger, cumin, and turmeric. Brush or spoon the mixture onto the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Photo Credit: TatianaVolgutova/bigstockphoto.com